I photograph weddings for one reason: I’m in love with love stories. When it comes to your wedding, above all else, I approach it as a storyteller: documenting moments, capturing the emotions of one of the most important days in your lifetime. I emphasize the authentic. Timeless, classic, true; I aim far more towards showing your connection and love than any current trend in wedding photography. In 30 years, I want you to look at your photographs and feel the same way you did at the wedding. I think you deserve photos of your love story that are as timeless as your love.
This is your wedding. You’re in love with your best friend. And together, you want something different, new, and you.
If you’re reading and thinking ‘this is us’ on most of these; then I think you’re in the right spot.
- You realize this is your wedding day, and it should be full of the things that make you two ‘you’.
- You want to relax and have fun on your wedding day.
- You don’t want to feel awkward and posed, and would rather enjoy your new spouse than look at the camera.
- You appreciate both the beautiful and the spontaneous moments in photography.
- You would be excited to spend some quality alone time with that person you just married on your wedding day.
- You want to have time to laugh and party with the all the people you love who came to the wedding.
- You want to stick it to cliché traditions and make some new ones.
- You make the choices for your wedding based on your personalities.
- You want photos that tell the story and document the best day of your lives.
Because this day is about you and your love.
My work tends to best fit unique couples; those who are brave enough to be themselves, don’t follow the rules, and who want to create their own traditions. If that’s you let’s do this.
I want to connect with you beyond ‘style,’ photography or otherwise. I want to meet you. I want to know you! I want to know what your lives look like outside of the wedding planning process. And, really, I need that to get the kinds of images I want to give you. The best photographs come when you’re willing to let me into your story. I won’t pose you to get the perfect photo; the perfect photo is going to come from your connection with each other. Letting me in on that connection is what creates a meaningful, timeless image.
So let’s meet. In person, over Skype whatever works. I can’t wait.